23.1.09

And I get $25 from Apple

If you're up-to-date with whatever is happening with Apple, you'll know that a settlement has been offered by said company to those who bought the 1st Gen iPod Nano before December 2005 because of its defect of being susceptible to scratches. A class suit has been filed which has yet to be resolved by the US Court. 

My mom bought my iPod Nano 1st Gen in the US on October 2005, and luckily, my iPod is covered under the settlement (I checked already). Hence, I am entitled to that $25 rebate (which is about P1200). I haven't submitted my claim form yet, since I'm hoping that the Court would find the offer low. Haha. Ok, I'm just hoping that they'd give a new iPod for that. Kiddin'. But who knows, maybe the Court will require Apple to give new iPod units (iTouch perhaps?) to victims. :p

But my dilemma: given that I submit my claim form, how will I get my refund? Money is coming from the US, and I'm here in the Third World. Will Apple be willing to send my money through mail or through those money transfer establishments? I don't have PayPal or the like so electronic transfer is not really an option. (on the side note, I heard that PayPal freezes their customers accounts or transfer of payments, wala lang).

After I get that refund, I'll have the old one traded with a new one in Apple store. I heard they give 10% off when you trade your old Ipod in. Of course, I have to pay its 90% value. :p

* Read the iPod Nano 1st Gen Class Suit here.

No comments: